Would you like to become a guest speaker on FraudCast? Simply fill out this quick form to get started.
Determining your five interview questions. The form will ask for five questions you would like to be asked during your interview. By providing these questions, you help to drive the direction of the interview. It allows you the opportunity to speak about a topic you are knowledgeable in.
Are there common questions you find you have to address frequently? Those questions are a good starting point when trying to determine your interview questions. Do you have insight into an emerging risk? Do you have a topic you would like to help educate the viewers about? Pick questions you find interesting because if you are energized about the topic, your viewers will become engaged in the subject matter.
- Will I be asked additional questions? Yes, you may be asked additional questions if your answer sparks an idea for an impromptu inquiry. It will depend on what will provide the best flow for the interview.
- Is the interview live? No, we will record the interview and through the magic of the editing process we can cut out any mistakes. (Those are usually mine because I have my fair share of outtakes too).
- Can I change my questions? If your application has been approved, then yes, you are welcome to change the order of the questions or even the questions themselves. Please just provide as much notice as possible before the interview date.
- Should I save a copy of my questions? Yes, you should save a copy just in case the form does not go through properly due to technical issues.
Scheduling the interview. Once you have submitted the form, your application will be reviewed. If accepted, you will be contacted either by phone or email to schedule a day and time that is convenient for you through Calendly. Simply select a convenient time on the calendar and book your filming time directly.
- How long will the interview take? You should comfortably block off an hour for the interview day.
- What marketing material do you need from me? When you schedule your interview, please send us the following items: headshot photo of you, name and title, email address, company name, company website URL, and company logo in JPG or PNG format. This will be supplied at the end of the video so you can be contacted by the viewers. In addition,if you have any slides from a deck you would like to include for illustration purposes or short video snippets those can be incorporated as well.
- Will I be contacted if my application is denied? Yes, you should receive a decision either way within two weeks, usually sooner.
- What if I do not hear back from you within two weeks? That means that your application either did not go through or it is lost in cyber space. Please resubmit the form and let us know it is a resubmission.
Preparing for the interview. Below are a few helpful videos that were selected to address frequently asked prep questions. You will notice that some of these videos were made by other people. Since not all of these videos are ours, should any of the video links not work properly, please let us know.
- How will the interview take place? The interview is conducted over video conferencing. During the scheduling process, you will be sent a link. Simply click the link at your start time and the session will begin.
- Do I need any special software? No, we use RingCentral (NYSE: RNG). All you have to do is to click the link provided in your calendar invite and the session will start. Note that you may be asked to download a file if this is the first time you have ever used RingCentral.
- What if I clicked the link and it’s not working? (1) Try RingCentral tech support: https://success.ringcentral.com/. (2) Or you can call RingCentral tech support at (800) 820-3676 and (3) Call us and let us know you’re having trouble (813) 426-3208 and (4) Communicate via email to the team that you’re having trouble [email protected]. We can simply reschedule if need be. No worries.
- How will the interview take place if I do not want to use RingCentral? The interview is conducted over Skype as a backup video chat. During the scheduling process, you will submit your Skype ID and be asked to submit a contact request through Skype. However, be aware we often have video and audio quality issues with Skype during storms or for areas outside the United States. We want your episode to be of the highest quality. This is why our preferred method of video conferencing to film for your episode is RingCentral.
- What is your Skype ID? alexiscbell
- What if I do not have a Skype account? No worries. Skype is free. Simply go to their website and sign up for a free account. You will need to download the desktop version onto either your desktop or laptop computer.
How to look good in Skype interviews – Tips and Training
What to wear on camera
On the day of the interview using RingCentral. First we will start by a quick video chat to answer any last questions you may have. Once we are ready, we will start the interview. At the conclusion of the session, we will stop the recording and answer any follow-up questions you may have.
On the day of the interview using Skype. First we will start by a quick Skype video chat to answer any last minute questions you may have. Then we will do a quick test just to be sure the recording software is working properly and to make any adjustments due to lighting, webcam angle, sound, etc. Once we are ready, we will start the interview. At the conclusion of the session, we will stop the recording and answer any follow-up questions you may have.
- Who starts the Skype call? When you are ready, call me on Skype.
- Will I need to wear headphones? There are times when there is sound feedback over Skype. If that happens, you may be asked to use headphones to avoid the noise distraction being picked up on the recording.
- Do I need special headphones? Since the sound “in” on your side is only for you to hear, it is not recorded through the software. Therefore, for the purposes of the interview, it does not matter what kind of headphones you use. Simple iPhone or similar headphones are fine.
After the interview has been completed. Once the interview is over, we will start the production process on our side.
- How long does that take? Depending on our workload, it can take anywhere between four days and two weeks.
- Will I be notified when the video podcast is ready? If you subscribe to our YouTube channel, you will receive an email from YouTube the moment the video is published. This will also keep you up-to-date on all of our latest videos as they are released.
- Do I need to approve my video? No, there is not an approval process on your end prior to production. However, you can request reasonable edits within the first 48-hours after publication. If the production team accepts the edit suggestion, that version of the video will be decommissioned (taken down) and replaced with an updated version. In the event of an update, the old YouTube page link will no longer work. Watch your email for the YouTube notification of the new page link for the updated version. (You will have to subscribe to our YouTube channel in order to be notified by YouTube when new videos are published.)
- How long will the video be? It depends on the interview, but generally the video is between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Can I have a copy of my interview? Yes, you can embed the video into your website by: following the YouTube page link to your video > clicking the “Share” button to the left of the thumbs up/down > clicking the “Embed” button > copying and pasting the HTML code into your website.
- How can I share the link? You can share the YouTube page link for your video on any social media by: following the YouTube page link to your video > clicking the “Share” button to the left of the thumbs up/down > clicking the next “Share” button > copying and pasting the URL link into your social media. Alternatively, you can simply click the icon for the specific social media platform to share your video.
- Should I tell you what I think? Absolutely! Feedback is welcome. We are interested in knowing how your experience was, what you think of the finished video, about any improvements we can make to our process, and most importantly — how your video has been received by your audience.
- Can I do more than one interview? Yes, sometimes topics are more complex than a mere five questions can address. There may be times when we’d like to expand on your topic, update it with new information by adding a supplemental video, or even create a series of videos. Other times we receive feedback from the viewers requesting more information. When that happens, their specific questions will drive the direction of the interview. If you would like to expand on the topic or address a new topic simply fill out the form again with the new topic/questions and we can get started.
- Can I recommend another guest speaker? Absolutely. Antifraud is a vast area covering a wide variety of topics. The goal for FraudCast is to provide education and resources for Fraud Fighters in their fraud management efforts. Have your contact check out our introduction video and they can then fill out the quick form.