Consulting on the entire life cycle of fraud management including the primary components of a global antifraud program of governance, risk assessments, investigations, data analytics, antifraud training, and communication strategy.
Advisory & Corporate Boards
Add one of our experts to your advisory or corporate board to bring antifraud and risk management perspectives to your organization's leadership.
Organizations with a fully implemented fraud risk management program can begin to shift from a purely reactionary response to a proactive model where prevention is the focus. We can address any of the following areas to help you get to the next level:
- risk assessments;
- communication strategy;
- antifraud training;
- data analytics; and
Does your go-to-market strategy for your fraud products “go the distance”?
- Does your team struggle with how to describe what you offer?
- Does everyone have a different idea of what needs to be communicated?
- Are those ideas drastically different from one another?
- Is your team having difficulty with concise imagery to convey your message?
- Is your team just not crossing the finish line?
Learn what’s getting in your way.
Answer these questions and many other integral components to clearly define your strategy and craft your message. Using a facilitated workshop with key stakeholders, we will guide your team towards achieving the goals of attraction, satisfaction, and retention of your customers which translates to higher profitability.
You can get to the place where you have “one voice”. No matter who says what you do (whether it’s the product team or your sales force), there is a single voice clearly articulating exactly what your customer needs to hear.
Learn how to be effective in your messaging and win that contract.
Fraud Risk Assessments
The objective of the report is to provide a tool for management to adequately create a strategy to mitigate, avoid, accept, or transfer fraud risk. A detailed set of analysis is performed so as to be a roadmap for management to take action to address the risk for fraud by providing:
VC Funding Vetting for Fraud Risk
We offer various analysis modules for private equity, venture capital (VC) on companies they are considering for the next round of VC funding. Venture capitalists who are considering providing financing for startup, growth equity capital, or loan capital for promising ventures, should include analysis that examines the fraud risk for the company during the vetting process.
- Analytics - A proprietary analysis can be performed on financial statements to identify and rank the risk for specific fraud schemes (minimum number of years required for optimal efficacy);
- Fraud Risk Assessment - (see above);
- Tone at the Top Evaluation - A proprietary evaluation of entity level controls and the tone at the top. It involves a comprehensive interview of key members of management. The results of the interviews determines the appropriate questions to ask and which business units to survey. We then work with HR to obtain the email addresses of those to be surveyed and deploy the customized survey. At the completion, the results are aggregated and reported. The report would highlight any potential areas of concern that could increase the risk for fraud. In addition, it typically calls out gaps between what key management says and what the reality is within the staff.
- Due Diligence - We offer due diligence reports and services for (a) emerging markets, (b) mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and (c) vendors and suppliers.
Tier 1: Due diligence reports based on your specific needs.
Tier 2: We have a vast global network of experts who live locally, can speak the local dialect, with various specialties in information gathering, and who are able to evaluate the individual or entity of question in person.
Each of the above modules can also be applied post-investment to evaluate the state of the company each year relative to the fraud risk.
Although angel investments are typically smaller than VC funding rounds, angel investors use their own money for the financing. It becomes even more important to have all of the information you need during the vetting process. Make sure you have adequately evaluated the company's fraud risk before investing.
President & CEO
When Alexis was doing a risk assessment for FA and I had an opportunity to work with her. I found her very committed, highly skilled, experienced in fraud and forensic audit. I was fortunate enough to be with her during the field visits when she was interacting and observing staff and clients. She is highly intelligent which naturally applies in her work.
Regional President (former)
Sanford, NC USA
Alexis is the ultimate professional . Totally dedicated to the job at hand and is the most knowledgeable expert in the field of forensic audit and fraud prevention in the United States. Any company that selects to utilize the knowledge and skills that Alexis provides will be rewarded by the creation of a sound /safeguarded financial foundation from which the shareholder earnings will be protected for the future. Honesty and integrity are the trademarks that guide the personal and professional life of Alexis!”
Audit Director (former)
Buenos Aeries, ARGENTINA
Alexis is a top level professional with a high degree of commitment and integrity. Her sharp intelligence, courage, academic knowledge and tireless capacity for work, positioning her as a key name in her area of activity. Alexis is definitely one of the brilliant minds that will allow the evolution of the antifraud profession to the XXI century.”
Alexis provided tremendous technical skill in forensic auditing of our microfinance operations and transformative leadership and coaching for our global executives and board members. She helped foster an institutional culture in which fraud in particular is analyzed in depth, discussed and understood at an institutional level, and more readily prevented in the future."
Corporate Audit Manager
& Regional Antifraud Team Leader
Working with Alexis was pleasure, the most important quality Alexis brings to the job, and that’s saying a lot because she brings a lot, is her extraordinary dedication and tenacity. Simple her high standards are to be admired and definitely she is top level professional.”
Corporate Audit Manager
& Regional Antifraud Team Leader
Alexis has given an all new shape to the unstructured and unguided fraud investigations we used to conduct in our work. I have had the opportunity to work with a number of international investigators, and I would rate her work on the mortgage fraud, flow charting of investigations, electronic evidence file structure, frauds risk assessment and overall approach towards frauds investigations as top of the world.”