Alexis C. Bell, MS, CFE, PI
Alexis C. Bell, MS, CFE, PI is the founder & managing partner of Fraud Doctor LLC. She helps companies protect themselves from fraud to reduce risk, educate, and through outreach. She is driven by the fact that every asset lost due to fraud is one less resource that could be used to achieve objectives. The ultimate goal is to protect organizations from fraud and assure funds can remain within (prevention) or return to (response) the organization for the original intended purpose of accomplishing the mission.
Bell is a graduate of Cornell University with a BS in Applied Economics, completed the ASCENT fellowship at Dartmouth University, and obtained her MS in Financial Crime and Compliance Management at Utica College. She has authored three books and broken new ground with academic research in furtherance of the antifraud field. In addition, Bell serves as an adjunct professor in the Financial Crime & Compliance Management (FCM) graduate program in the College of Business & Justice Studies at Utica College.
Bell successfully led the design and implementation of the initial Global Antifraud Program for a European public conglomerate with 165,000 employees. She then pioneered the first comprehensive Microfinance fraud risk management program covering 22 post/active conflict developing countries in the Greater Middle East, Eurasia, Latin America, and Africa. Both initiatives encompassed governance, fraud awareness training, fraud risk assessments, data analysis, investigations, and communication strategies.
Bell is the elected Global Chair Emeritus to the Board of Regents for the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) and appointed board member for the LexisNexis Fraud Defense Network Advisory Board. She is a champion within antifraud communities speaking at conferences & delivering specialized training. She also produces a video podcast series (FraudCast) connecting antifraud thought leaders to global followers.
Bell spearheaded and chaired internal diversity programs addressing employee education and community outreach regarding both women's and Native American initiatives. She has been an active member serving on internal diversity & inclusion boards as well as external nonprofit boards supporting both antifraud and the arts.
- Elected Global Chair to the board of directors for the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Board of Regents, Austin, TX, 2018-2019
- Appointed to the advisory board for LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Fraud Defense Network, Alpharetta, GA, 2017-present
- Elected Global Treasurer to the board of directors for the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Board of Regents, Austin, TX, 2017
- Elected as Board President, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Charlotte Chapter, 2008-2010
- Appointed to the Board of Directors, Food Lion CEO Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Council Board, 2006-2010
- Elected as Board Secretary, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Charlotte Chapter, 2006-2008
- Appointed to the Board of Directors, Light Factory (museum of film and photography), 2005-2008
Education, License & Certifications
Utica College, Utica, New York
- Masters of Science, Financial Crime and Compliance Management (4.0 GPA), 2017
- Published pioneer thesis Investigative Challenges of Fraud in Microfinance Institutions, 2017
Dartmouth, Tuck Executive Education, Hanover, New Hampshire
- ASCENT Fellowship, Mastering Management Program, 2009
- Selected as one of five (out of 72,000+) employees to be sponsored by Delhaize America
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Bachelor of Science, Applied Economics & Management, 2004
Southwestern Community College, Sylva, North Carolina
- A.A.S., dual degrees in Business Administration & Accounting, summa cum laude (4.0 GPA), 2002
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Private Investigator, Private Protective Services Board, Raleigh, NC, 2012
- Certificate: Micro Expression Training Tool (METT) Advanced, Behavioral Sciences Expert Level, 2011
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Austin, TX, 2007