Alexis C. Bell, MS, CFE, PI
Specializing in international litigation support, antifraud consulting, training, and board advisory.Alexis Bell is a pioneer in the international Antifraud industry. She helps companies address their fraud management concerns by designing a brand new program or assessing and enhancing their existing antifraud structure. She is passionate about her work and engages others to align with the company’s vision.
She is a published author with an Ivy League education (undergrad at Cornell University and fellowship at Dartmouth). She has international experience as a forensic accountant leading complex corporate fraud investigations (up to 300M Euros) specializing in insider threats. She has also led projects in data analysis particularly around financial statement analysis and transaction level data.
Alexis designed and implemented the Global Antifraud Program from the ground up for a public conglomerate ($19B annual revenue, 165,000 employees). The program addressed areas of governance, fraud risk assessment, fraud awareness training, investigations, data analysis, and communication strategy. She is energized by solving complex problems. Most recently, she pioneered the first Global Antifraud Program in the Microfinance industry (nonprofit) in 22 post/active conflict developing countries in the Greater Middle East, Eurasia, Latin America, and Africa.
She is active in the Antifraud community as an elected board member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) Board of Regents, board member for the LexisNexis Fraud Defense Network Advisory Board, former Board President of the Charlotte Chapter ACFE, member of the U.S. FBI InfraGard task force and former member of the U.S. Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task Force in Charlotte, NC. In addition, she lectures at conferences and provides specialized training both domestically and internationally.
Alexis spearheaded and chaired internal diversity programs addressing employee education and community outreach regarding both women’s and Native American initiatives. She has been an active member serving on internal diversity & inclusion boards as well as external nonprofit boards supporting both antifraud & the arts.
- Appointed to the advisory board for LexisNexis, Fraud Defense Network, Alpharetta, GA, 2017-present
- Elected to the international board of directors for the ACFE, Board of Regents, Austin, TX, 2017-2018
- Board President, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Charlotte Chapter, 2008-2010
- Board of Directors, Food Lion CEO Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Council Board, 2006-2010
- Board Secretary, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, CharlotteChapter, 2006-2008
- Board of Directors, Light Factory (museum of film and photography), 2005-2008
Education & Certifications
Utica College, Utica, New York
- Masters of Science, Financial Crime and Compliance Management (4.0 GPA), 2017
- Published pioneer thesis Investigative Challenges of Fraud in Microfinance Institutions, 2017
Dartmouth, Tuck Executive Education, Hanover, New Hampshire
- ASCENT Fellowship, Mastering Management Program, 2009
- Selected as one of five (out of 72,000+) employees to be sponsored by Delhaize America
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Bachelor of Science, Applied Economics & Management, 2004
Southwestern Community College, Sylva, North Carolina
- A.A.S., dual degrees in Business Administration & Accounting, summa cum laude (4.0 GPA), 2002
- Private Investigator, Private Protective Services Board, Raleigh, NC, 2012
- Certificate: Micro Expression Training Tool (METT) Advanced, Behavioral Sciences Expert Level, 2011
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Austin, TX, 2007